Creamy Mushroom Soup
Cream of mushroom soup made with a secret ingredient.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⅔ cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups diced white mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion diced
Place cauliflower, milk, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until cauliflower is softened. Then, puree using a food processor, immersion blender or blender.
Meanwhile, add oil, mushrooms and onion to a medium-sized saucepan. Heat over high heat until onions are translucent and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes.
Add pureed cauliflower mixture to sauteed mushrooms. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened.