Lemon dressings often incorporate flavors, such as herbs, garlic, and anchovy, but sometimes a simple lemon vinaigrette is all you want.
There are tons of artificial flavors added to store bought stuff and we never want that on Keto. We are always looking for easy recipes to make right? In my search for making a tasty salad , I ended up making a recipe for its dressing as well . After all what’s a good salad without a dressing!!
- Lemons are acidic in nature but are alkalizing for the body, helping to restore body’s PH balance.
- Being rich in Vit C and flavonoids that helps fighting against infections like flu and cold.
- They are one of the greatest element for liver as it helps in detoxifying/flushes the uric acid for system.
- Having a glass of lemon juice with warm water helps in regulating bowl movement
thus eliminating waste from the body.
- Lemon is such a powerful ingredient for body that it can help dissolving gall bladder stone, calcium deposits and kidney stones.
- Most widely used ingredient for weight loss which increases immunity and it’s antioxidants property help in keeping your skin fresh and healthy.
Modern diet consist of refined sugars, un-processed foods, chemicals which contributes to production of acid in the blood, causing PH to levels where
diseases can thrive. So adding lemon can counter these negative effects.
Acc. to one of the study published in the British Journal of Radiology, fostering an alkaline environment in the body could also help enhance cancer treatment effectiveness as well.
So there is no reason for us , not to consume it Right? So , here is my take of classic Lemon vinaigrette dressing. Enjoy !
Tangy dressing for quick salad with savoury flavour to enrich your taste buds
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice You can reduce it , if you donot want too much tanginess
- 1 tbsp chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp minced, fresh thyme
Mix all the ingrdients in air tight container and shake it well .
Refrigerate until serving time.
Can be kept for 1 week.