This Low Carb /Keto Coffee Ice Cream is ridiculously creamy and fragrant. Plus, it won’t freeze rock solid, like your usual homemade low carb ice cream! Moreover, this is Guilt free which will help your macros under control .
I used to love chocolate , vanilla , coffee ice cream since childhood. Any moment I felt like celebrating , ice-cream was one of my favorite go to. An year back when I decided to switch to low carb/Keto diet for keeping healthy lifestyle , I started missing all the desserts which I used to enjoy a lot!!!
So I came up with this recipe which helped me in maintaining state of ketosis. If you are wondering what is KETO diet , you check here. It was a long journey to adjust in this new way of lifestyle change, I have created a blog for that also, it describes how you can start a keto diet as a beginner . Many people have few misconceptions about themselves that they cannot loose weight irrespective of anything because they have Obesity as a genetic factor in their family. So just to clarify your doubt this is not true, you can check complete details here .
Long Sweet History :
- According to IDFA, Ice cream’s origins reach back as far as the second century B.C., although no specific date of origin nor inventor has been indisputably credited with its discovery.
- Alexander the Great enjoyed snow and ice flavored with honey and nectar.
- Biblical references also show that King Solomon was fond of iced drinks during harvesting.
- During the Roman Empire, Nero Claudius Caesar (A.D. 54-86) frequently sent runners into the mountains for snow, which was then flavored with fruits and juices.
With time, ice cream evolved and eventually it’s ingredients. It has changed in such a rapid way that today most of the ice-creams are made with processed food like condensed milk / sugar /artificial flavours which has drastically impacted today’s health. And the fun fact is that most of the people are not aware of such changes in their day to day life .
BUT with few Keto friendly ingredients we can actually make a delicious healthy ice cream , with no preservatives!!!! So here is my take on the classic.
Expresso Coffee Ice Cream Shots
Healthy Keto Dessert with ultimate expresso flavours!!!!!!!!
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 35 % fat
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Stevia/Sugar free based on taste
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp expresso/ instant coffee
Mix cream,vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk it properly for 1 min.
Take hot water in cup and add coffee , stevia and mix them thoroughly.
Now add coffee in cream mixture slowly while whisking cream until mixed properly , once you will seeing peaks in the mixture then stop.
Put the mixture in freezer for 30 mins.
Take out the mixture and scrap the boundary of bowl to mix it thoroughly to ensure it does not form ice crustal. Again put it back in freezer.
Repeat process for at least 3 to 4 times until, you get creamy mixture which you like for your ice cream .